Friday, October 5, 2012

The 2013 Ford Focus

Unknown Reviewer:

The 2013 Focus may be a car that sits in the back of your mind... it's really just... there. It's not supposed to be a luxury sedan, and if price is of no major consequence you would probably purchase a sporty looking Mini Cooper or something of that nature. But there's one thing the auto industry needs to know... the 2013 Focus is a force to be reckoned with.

For months I have been droning on and on about how I need to drive the 2013 Dodge Dart. It has sexy outward appearance, bears the oh so trusty dodge emblem, and is allegedly all things tech crammed into a neat tasty package. So I got my chance to drive both, a mid-package Focus and Dart.

The Dart was certainly a smooth ride and the looks were everything I thought they would be. At 6'5" I fit comfortably in the drivers seat with enough room for a passenger behind (although they would be a bit cramped"... but that was where the amazement ceased. The dash was admittedly a bit bland (although pretty and fitting for the car) and the engine felt little more exciting than a 2000 Dodge Neon.

Then there was the ford Focus... a oasis in the midst of a desert. My uncle managed to pick one up for around $13,000 after rebates and discounts and it proved to be magnitudes more exciting.

Let's start with thing number one... Ecoboost is amazing. This car can get real-mpg up to about 38mpg even with my lead foot and the acceleration feels like a V-6. The car isn't light and pushy like previous generations and the center console, while intimidating at first, fits the look of the car very much.

The other features looked and felt very practical and the interior is built of solid materials as well as comfortable seats. If anyone knows about seat comfort it would be me at 350lbs. This car is more than I expected overall and my expectations were low. Needless to say... I now drone on and on about owning a 2013 Ford Focus... and purchasing is in my future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More